Various events will be held in this relaxing space so that you can spend the hot summer in a cool fashion. Located 250 meters above sea level, the space offers wonderful views from massive 11-meter-high windows and is full of the sound of singing birds and water coming from somewhere.
Even though in the center of Tokyo, you can enjoy yourself just like you were at a summer resort and refresh your body and mind.
At “Sky Picnic,” an event only possible in the indoor observation deck that makes even scorching hot days fun, you can savor a special picnic basket prepared by Restaurant THE MOON and a beautiful view in an environment made to resemble a picnic garden.
There are also plans to record the J-WAVE special program “J-WAVE SPECIAL iichiko DISTANCE DELIGHT - YOU & ME” for an online broadcast, and to hold Tokyo City View’s first Tai Chi Special Course, which will be led by Makita Ayato, known for the annual Roppongi Hills summer event “Morning Tai Chi.”
This summer, Tokyo City View is presenting special experiences, including opportunities to enjoy outstanding views and events in an environment that has the feel of refreshingly cool highlands thanks to high-resolution natural and original ambient sounds that flow through the Tokyo City View.
Continue up to the open-air rooftop Sky Deck for even more special experiences. The excitement of looking up and seeing an approaching airplane on the new approach to Haneda Airport, a chance view of a breathtakingly beautiful sunset, the experience of being surrounded by the starry night sky... You may just happen to experience an overpowering feel of freedom and catch an impressive view while bathed in a cool breeze.
At “Sky Picnic,” an event only possible in the indoor observation deck that makes even scorching hot days fun, you can savor a special picnic basket prepared by Restaurant THE MOON and a beautiful view in an environment made to resemble a picnic garden. The picnic basket comes with a DILIGENCE PARLOUR flower and vase, making it possible to enjoy one’s picnic while viewing your flower and a wonder view.
Visitors attending the picnic will be offered a limited edition of Rody miniature novelty gift.
- July 31 [Fri] - August 31 [Mon]
- Seating capacity
- 10 groups per time slot
- Tokyo City View, Sky Gallery (Mt. Fuji, Shibuya, Shinjuku direction)
- Meal for 2 (picnic basket) + entrance fee: 8,000 yen
Meal for 3 (picnic basket) + entrance fee: 11,000 yen
[with alcoholic drinks]
Meal for 2 (a bottle of rose wine & picnic basket) + entrance fee: 9,300 yen
Meal for 3 (a bottle of rose wine & picnic basket) + entrance fee: 12,800 yen
* Special entrance fee discount is applied (Adults entrance fee, 1,500 yen, etc.)
* For 4 people, purchase 2 tickets for 2; for 5 people, purchase 1 ticket for 2 and 1 ticket for 3.
* Reservations must be made at least 2 days in advance.
* Reservations will be accepted starting July 20 (Mon.)
The Picnic Basket Menu
The Hamburg Hamburger
Farm vegetable mini-bouquet salad
Mango tropical Bellini
One soft drink (sparkling water, orange juice, grapefruit juice, apple juice, cola, or ginger ale)
* Alcohol menu: includes bottle of rose wine and water. Does not include soft drink.
“J-WAVE SPECIAL iichiko DISTANCE DELIGHT - YOU & ME” in collaboration with Tokyo City View!
Delivering the recording of a J-WAVE special program amidst the nightscape of Tokyo City View. A special program that incorporates talk sessions with two pairs of music scene leaders (one with Nakamura Masato of Dreams Come True and the music producer Kameda Seiji and the other with Sato Chiaki and NakamuraEmi) will be recorded at Tokyo City View and then broadcast online.
The show will be available on the J-WAVE YouTube channel for two days, Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19.
Enjoy the special discussion with wonderful guests along with Tokyo’s nightscape from an elevation of 250 meters.
◆July 18 [Sat] 20:00-
Sato Chiaki x NakamuraEmi
How to watch: Broadcast on the YouTube J-Wave Channel
Broadcast URL: https://youtu.be/H0pOB_DkyyI
◆July 19 [Sun] 20:00-
Kameda Seiji (Tokyo Jihen) x Nakamura Masato (Dreams Come True)
How to watch: Broadcast on the YouTube J-Wave Channel
Broadcast URL: https://youtu.be/4N76VF5Npjo
* Video of the Special Program is a “private” video. Enjoy it online.
Carefully selected portions of the discussions and introduced music will be broadcast 18:00-19:55, July 24!
- J-WAVE (81.3 FM)
- Program Title
- “J-WAVE SPECIAL iichiko DISTANCE DELIGHT - YOU & ME”
- Broadcast date and time
- July 24, 2020 [Fri] 18:00-19:55
- Nakamura Masato (Dreams Come True), Kameda Seiji (music producer), Sato Chiaki, NakamuraEmi
- Program website
There will be a tai chi workshop put on by the venerable teacher Makita Ayato, whom you have heard of from the annual Roppongi Hills summer event “Morning Tai Chi.” This summer, train your body and mind with tai chi in a refreshing space 250 meters above sea level that offers wonderful view from the windows.
Tai chi is a martial art that has been passed down from China since ancient times. It was originally used as an advanced technique to make the most effective use of one’s own power. Following the set moves releases a mystic power throughout one’s body. As you practice more and more, you feel the “chi” coursing through your body and become more energetic, not tired as you might think. Why not learn the world’s gentlest tai chi offered by the venerable master Makita Ayato?
- The World’s Gentlest Tai Chi
- Master Makita Ayato
- August 8 [Sat], 9 [Sun], 22 [Sat], and 23 [Sun]
- Time (about 1 hour long each):
- 1) 10:30-
The first part consists of a 25 min. lecture on tai chi, followed by 30 minutes of practice.
- Tokyo City View Sky Gallery (Tokyo Tower direction)
- Up to 40 participants/session
- Free (Tokyo City View Indoor Observation Deck admission fee required (Adults 1,800 yen).
* Bookings are accepted in the order received starting Monday, July 20.
* Participants are allowed to bring bottled water or water bottles to protect against heatstroke, but NOT any other drinks.
- Tokyo City View
- Special Sponsor
- Coleman Japan Co., Ltd.